This section lists basic parts of Java environment which you should know when you write educational command-line programs and additional software is not required/available.
- Language overview
- Introductory materials
- Using Java from command-line
- Unsigned integer
This section contains common parts required to know in more advanced Java programming.
- Common Libraries
- Reflection - Java's form of RTTI
- Design patterns
- Programming paradigms
- Database programming: JDBC, Hibernate, other ORMs
- Best practises (defensive programming, Effective Java etc.)
- Building: by JDK, by IDE, Ant, Ivy, Maven, Gradle
- Class loaders
- Parallel computing
- Grid computing
- GPU computing
- Quality Assurance
- Code obfuscation
- Software patching
- Code documentation
Java for GUI
- other: AWT, SWT
- designers (Netbeans, Eclipse WindowBuilder)
Java for Web
This section contains parts useful to know when programming web applications.
- Web interface frameworks
- Web servers
Java for Enterprise (incl. JEE)
This part contains information on software solutions related to Java enterprise solutions.
- JEE API: EJB, Servlets, JSP, JSF, JDBC, XML, RMI, JMX, JMS
Java for mobile
Topics for senior Java developer who wants to understand & avoid language & it's environment pitfals.
- Scientific programming