Regular expressions are used for searching and performing modifications on strings. Using such expression you can search text patterns or test if text is correct format. There are several syntax standards (Perl, POSIX, ECMAScript etc.). Till C++11 language itself didn't support standard solution for this task.
Current list of solutions I know that can be used for this task:
1) C++11 regex
- POSIX Basic Regular Expression Syntax - boost.org
4) regex.h - POSIX C Regular Expressions
- manual - gnu.org
5) PCRE - Perl Compatible Regular Expressions
Includes C++ wrapper written by guys from Google, inc.
- GRETA - How to use Regular Expressions in Visual C++ correctly - sswater shi (codeproject.com), 2006
- Comparison of regular expression engines - Wikipedia.org