Almost every DBMS (Database Management System) has an interface to C/C++. Some environments include special pre-compilers for SQL instructions inside program. Other environments are accessible by calling library functions.
Below you can find some resources related to C++ database programming.
- POCO Data - user manual for database part of POCO libraries
- SQLAPI++ Library - access several DBMS' using single API
- SOCI - "The C++ Database Access Library"
- libdbi - Database Independent Abstraction Layer
Native database solutions
- MySQL: Developing Database Applications Using MySQL Connector/C++
- MongoDB: Getting Started with the C++ Driver
- Oracle C++ Call Interface (OCCI)
- SQL Server (Native Client, ODBC): Building Applications with SQL Server Native Client
- Hypertable C++ Thrift Client Example