SQL can be used in C++ programs with help of additional preprocessor - in this case we say program is using "embedded SQL". In this mode program can be faster than when using library functions because it can be a subject for "binding" process which assigns execution plan to program.
- DB2 Embedded SQL Programming Guide
- DB2: Embedded SQL for C and C++
- Oracle - Pro*C/C++ Programmer's Guide
- Embedded SQL/Oracle Tutorial 1 - Pro*C++ examples
- PostgreSQL: C++ Applications - part of ECPG - Embedded SQL in C